made and posted these all over my school… my gender study’s teacher was really happy ⭐️⭐️⭐️
based off the post made by punkbeds and elaborated by skelebrina
Destroy hateful straight edge culture that has no room for compassion and treating addicts like people
destroy straight edge culture that ignores the intersections of class and race and throws around phrases like “kill your local drug dealer”
destroy straight edge culture that refuses to recognize that drug use is a common coping mechanism for non-cis and non-straight individuals as well as those with mental illnesses
An eighth grade student from Weaverville Elementary School got a detention slip for sharing his school prepared lunch Tuesday.
Kyle Bradford, 13, shared his chicken burrito with a friend who didn’t like the cheese sandwich he was given by the cafeteria.
Bradford didn’t see any problem with sharing his food.
"It seemed like he couldn’t get a normal lunch so I just wanted to give mine to him because I wasn’t really that hungry and it was just going to go in the garbage if I didn’t eat it," said Bradford.
But the Trinity Alps Unified School District has regulations that prohibit students from sharing their meals.
The policies set by the district say that students can have allergies that another student may not be aware of.
Tom Barnett, the Superintendent of the Trinity Alps Unified School District says that hygiene issues also come into play when banning students from sharing meals.
"We have a policy that prohibits students from exchanging meals. Of course if students are concerned about other students not having enough to eat we would definitely want to consider that, but because of safety and liability we cannot allow students to actually exchange meals," said Barnett.
Bradford’s mother Sandy Bradford thinks that her son did the right thing by sharing his lunch. She also believes that it isn’t up to the school to discipline her son for good manners.
“By all means the school can teach them math and the arithmetic and physical education, but when it comes to morals and manners and compassion, I believe it needs to start at home with the parent,” Sandy said.
Bradford says that he would definitely share his lunch again if a friend wanted a portion of his meal.
Kids can’t share now? Or trade lunches? What the actual fuck is happening?
I think this article is talking around what the actual issue is.
The student who was “given a cheese sandwich” and “couldn’t get a normal lunch?”
That’s how schools handle students whose families can’t pay their lunch bills. They’re required to give the kid something, so they get a slice of processed cheese between two pieces of white bread. Cheese sandwich.
All those stories about the kids who went through the lines and then had their trays taken away and dumped in the trash in front of them because their account was $5 in the red when they got to the end of the line?
Those kids were given cheese sandwiches.
This isn’t about allergies. I guarantee you that kids at those tables are swapping food all the time. It’s part of the school cafeteria experience.
If the second kid was allergic to the burrito, we’d be reading a different story.
It’s because this kid undermined the system that is supposed to punish students for their parents’ “negligence” (poverty).
Taken from this article:
These aren’t isolated cases, either. Here’s a recap of the most recent honor roll of American public school cafeteria douchebaggery:
- An elementary school in Salt Lake City, Utah reportedly seized between 40 and 50 students’ lunches on pizza day and threw them all in the garbage when the kids got up to the register and couldn’t pay because their account balances were either low or empty. Students all over the cafeteria were broken down in tears. I’m sure that made for a great learning environment.
- Remember the most important meal of the day? A 12-year-old Dickinson, Texas boy’s breakfast was thrown in the trash right in front of him at his middle school because his account was short a whopping .30 cents. The breakfast itself cost $1.25.
- Around 25 students at a Massachusetts middle school were forced to throw out their lunches or refused lunch entirely because their accounts were empty or they could not afford to pay. An employee from the school’s on-site lunch provider reportedly gave an order not to provide lunch to students with overextended credit or empty accounts. At least that employee was later put on leave. “I’m pissed that when there are people in prison who are getting meals, my daughter, an honor student, is going hungry,” one father remarked.
- A New Jersey elementary school threw a 10-year-old autistic boy’s lunch in the trash because of an unpaid account…despite having already done so before. “It’s between the parents and the cafeteria. It’s not between the child and the lunch lady. Let the kids eat their lunch,” the boy’s mother told a local news station.
- The middle and high schools in Old Town, Maine have a “no pay, no food policy” that Superintendent David Walker says students, like the 11-year-old denied food because his mom hadn’t paid his account, should be able to understand. “Students are old enough to take responsibility for their lunches” by middle school age, said Walker. You know, because apparently 11-year-olds can suddenly get jobs in this country to afford their lunch at school.
- Over 40 elementary school students in Kentucky were denied a full lunch during state testing week. One student’s account was short $1.15, which the mother told a news station she paid online as many schools require the night before, but the funds hadn’t been processed by lunch time the next day, so her fourth grader spent all day upset and left school crying at the end of the day. Luckily a good samaritan showed up to that school and donated $56 to pay up all student lunch accounts so no more kids would have to go without a full lunch (which isn’t even that large to begin with in this country) during state tests.
- Worse, apparently students at some schools across the state of Minnesota are actually branded with “Money” or “Lunch” stamps across their hands when they are late on accounts as a message to parents to pay up. Yep, they are actually branding children with the scarlet letter of poverty if they cannot afford their lunch, so the child will have to walk around school for the whole entire rest of their day branded and a walking target for ridicule by other children because they are poor or the parents forgot to put money in their children’s accounts.
I’ve personally had the same type of situation happened to me before in which lunch has been thrown right in the trash in front of me when I didn’t have enough money for lunch, and was given an alternate meal of lesser quality. I hadn’t even realized how disgustingly perverse that was at the time because of how it was normalized. Shaming the poor, and even depriving children of food has become normalized. This is especially a problem in conservative states where funding for education is low and funding for things like football stadiums and other less important things is high. Public schools need to be providing students with free meals, which can’t be done without the proper funding as well as the proper allocation of funds on the part of schools and school districts.
All that wasted food. This is cruel.
for those who dont understand
heteronormativity and cisnormativity are the reason queer people have to come out
we are automatically assumed cis and straight unless we explicitly say otherwise, which shouldn’t happen
no one should be assumed anything until they explicitly say otherwise
it also makes being queer seen as alien and unnatural
there you go theres your crash course on hetero/cisnormativity
kitten vs humidifier
hIS TINY PAWS OMGOMGOMG
IT IS DOING A THING
I THINK GHOSTS ARE ESCAPING FROM THIS BOX HUMAN WHY DID YOU BRING THIS INTO OUR HOME
His face at the end, the poor thing looks so lost
This kitty is SO confused as to what is actually going on and what it’s actually batting at with its precious little paws…
HUMAN EXPLAIN THE THING
fuckboy was a slur used against gay and trans men but we’ve turned it around to mean shitty cishet white boys who are also coincidentally the enemy in the skeleton war and i think that’s fucking great
FUCKBOY IS NOT NOR HAS IT EVER BEEN A SLUR
FUCKBOY IS A TERM USED IN AAVE (AFRICAN AMERICAN VERNACULAR ENGLISH) TO REFER TO DUDES WHO WERE ASSHOLES
I DON’T WHEN/WHERE/WHY SOME CLUELESS WHITE PERSON DECIDED TO MAKE UP THIS STORY BUT IT IS FUCKING FALSE
can we please take a moment to just appreciate this anime that just came out???
it’s about four middle school girls who are members of the “hero” club - they go around and help people wherever help is needed. in the first episode you find out that they were actually all selected because of the high aptitude they show, and they are needed to help fight off bad guys to save their world. oh my!
yes. it’s a magical girl anime.
yes. it’s a magical girl anime with a girl in a wheelchair.
yes. it’s a magical girl anime with a girl in a wheelchair WHO TRANSFORMS and DOES NOT MAGICALLY GAIN THE USE OF HER LEGS and STILL COMPLETELY KICKS ASS.
the second episode is devoted pretty much entirely to her character overcoming the mental block of her perceived “inability to fight” because of her disability. and it’s great. she kicks so much butt.
the first episode has repeated instances of world-wide (for the girls their world is mostly school-related, but still) accessibility.
it’s not a perfect (i kind of wtf’ed at her transformation sequence tbh), but it looks promising so far as that sort of thing goes.
anyway. it’s call yuki yuna wa yusha de aru, or yuki yuna is a hero. look it up, if you’re into magical girl shows.
working on gifing some stuff, too~
/prays for lack of gross fan service, adds to my watch list/